February 24 - 26 in Freeport, Maine
TENTH annual gathering of fiber enthusiasts spanning New England and beyond.
Thank you for your interest in participating in the New England Textile Arts (NETA) Mercantile at Spa Knit and Spin 2012. We are a group of New England fiber artists and crafters who gather together one weekend each year to enjoy spa treatments, shopping, great food & drink, teaching, learning, hanging out with old friends and new, and basking in each other’s creativity.
This year we are celebrating 10 years of fabulous fiber, friends and fun......Join us and be a part of the celebration!! The NETA Vendor Mercantile provides an opportunity for vendors to promote and sell their products and gives Spa attendees the chance to support regional producers of fiber related goods.
Below are guidelines that must be met by each vendor. Please read carefully and ask any questions you may have before applying to vend as failure to meet these guidelines may result in loss of booth space. Please note that the application process has changed from previous years!!!
- The NETA Mercantile will be located in the Hilton Garden Inn Eagle Ballroom and the Monhegan Board room. Vendor Mercantile hours are as follows:
Friday 5:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Sunday 9:00am – 11:00am
All booths are expected to be open during these hours. Set-up hours are Friday 1:00 – 5:00pm. Coffee and water will be provided.The Mercantile room will be locked outside of operating hours. Box dinners on Friday and lunches on Saturday may be purchased from the hotel.
- Booth sizes are approximately 10’ x 10’. Please make sure your booth display racks, etc., will fit within that 10 x 10 space. Each vendor is responsible for providing all display materials for their booth. Two narrow reference tables with linens and two chairs are available from the hotel for each booth.
- No live animals, other than service animals, are allowed in the NETA Mercantile.
- Vendors are not allowed to share space with another vendor unless BOTH vendors apply together on the vendor application.
- All vendors are REQUIRED to carry liability insurance and provide proof of insurance within 30 days of acceptance as a vendor.
- All vendors are required to have a Maine sales tax number and provide proof of license within 30 days of acceptance as a vendor.
- A fee of $100 is due with the submission of your application to vend. Checks will not be deposited unless you are selected to participate in the Mercantile. Checks will be returned to those applicants who are not selected to vend unless otherwise instructed. Fees are forfeited if you cancel your reservation after selection.
- All vendors are asked to provide a minimum of 2 products for door prizes, which are given away during the event.
- Be prepared for a fun time.
- All applications must be received by August 30th and must include a check for the $100 vending fee (please make checks payable to Deb Claffie ) to be considered. Please mail your completed application, vending fee and any photographs to:
13 Tylerfarm Road
Limington, ME 04049
Due to the limited number of booth spaces available, vendor selection is very competitive and preference will be given to producers of hand crafted or fiber-related goods.
As a result, please provide a clear description of the products that you intend to sell in your booth. We strongly encourage you to include web links as well as photographs of your products and prior booth displays with your application. Vendor selection will be completed by September 30, 2011 and you will be informed of the status of your application no later than that date. If you are not selected to participate in the event, your check will be returned to you unless you are put on a wait list.
If you have any questions about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact
Deb Claffie at email@example.com. There is also quite a bit if information available here in earlier blog posts for SPA2012, and at the following locations:
Ravelry Group: http://www.ravelry.com/gro
Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/gr
Last Updated: 08.16.11