Thursday, October 16, 2008

Welcome!


Welcome to the NETA Fiber Forum. This is your blog - it will be what you make of it.

Here, you will find contact and storefront information for literally hundreds of fiber-related resources. Heading to Burlington, VT and want to find out about the LYSs in the area? Click on the Vermont link to see all shops in VT, or use the search feature to find what you need.

Looking for someone to shear your sheep? Process your fleece? Sell you an alpaca? You'll find them here too.

All fiber-related vendors in New England are welcome to send us your information to make available here. The best way to do that (for now) will be to post a message on the NETA Yahoo group. If you aren't a member of the group already, you should be! Sign up!

And here's the cool part. For each vendor, YOU consumers out there will be able to tell the rest of us about your experiences. If your favorite fiber fair or store is listed, feel free to leave comments about them. All comments are moderated, because we want this information to be useful and timely for you. Unproductive criticism or unnecessarily rude comments will not be posted. We want honesty, but with tact, OK?

Your suggestions for content will be heartily accepted.

2 comments:

NETA said...

Moving Helen's comment here:

Helen in Portsmouth said...
ZOUNDS.
this is a VERY good jumping off point Laurin. It's clean and uncluttered and straining to adhere to the all-important NETA K.I.S.S. principle. I like the idea of it's being simple enough that you can "hire" a couple two or three co-editors from the larger group to help with the freshenings routinely. No one should have this task on a solo basis.... way to easy to burn out.

Another thought (before I forget, I like the color scheme you picked) is that we, ideally, want listings to be bounded by New England and the Candaian Maritimes.
Here we go!

I am energized by your enthusiasm and skills Laurin.
Helen

October 17, 2008 7:05 AM

honeybee33 said...

I have information I'd like to submit, but can't for the life of me find the NETA yahoo group! I've searched under "NETA," "New England Textile," "New England Fiber," all to no avail. I'm hoping these comments are still monitored ...

If so, could someone associated with the group send me an email and let me know how I can join the yahoo group? Thanks!

~ hb33 ~